Basic materials stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.6% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- H. B. Fuller Company (FUL): FUL stock is up 3.9% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 2.7% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 2.4% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 2.3% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 2.2% to $114.36, near the 52-week high of $114.14.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 2.1% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 1.7% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 1.4% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is down 1.1% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.1% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.