Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street so far on Thursday, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.8% and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 3.4% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 2.9% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 2.4% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 1.6% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Copper & Gold (FCX): FCX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is up 1.2% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 1.2% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 4.2% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 3.5% to a new 52-week low of $8.82.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is down 2.1% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 1.9% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is down 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is down 1.4% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.