Capital goods stocks advanced 0.7% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.0% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is up 2.3% today.
- Moog Inc (MOG.A): MOG.A stock is up 2.4% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 2.2% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 1.9% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Chart Industries (GTLS): GTLS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc (Ireland) (IR): IR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 1.2% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Lindsay Corp (LNN): LNN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Dxp Enterprises (DXPE): DXPE stock is down 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is down 0.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is down 0.2% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Dresser-Rand Group Inc (DRC): DRC stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.