Consumer noncyclical stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.8%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is up 2.9% today.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is up 2.7% today.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Hain Celestial Group (HAIN): HAIN stock is up 2.2% today.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Tupperware Corp (TUP): TUP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is up 1.8% to a new 52-week high of $99.42.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Universal Corp (UVV): UVV stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Inter Parfums (IPAR): IPAR stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.