Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.5%, the Nasdaq declined 1.0% and the S&P 500 fell 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 5.1% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 4.2% today.
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is up 2.9% to $26.49, near the 52-week high of $26.53.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 2.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $28.31.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is up 1.8% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is up 1.2% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is down 1.7% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is down 1.7% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.