Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.5%, the Nasdaq declined 1.0% and the S&P 500 fell 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 5.1% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 4.2% today.
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is up 2.9% to $26.49, near the 52-week high of $26.53.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 2.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $28.31.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is up 1.8% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is up 1.2% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is down 1.7% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is down 1.7% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.