Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.6% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 was up 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is up 7.5% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 5.1% today and up 21.4% in the last month.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 4.1% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Affiliated Managers Group (AMG): AMG stock is up 2.7% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is up 2.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is up 2.4% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is up 2.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 3.3% today and up 20.8% in the last month.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 0.9% today.
- Administradora De Fondos De Pensiones (PVD): PVD stock is down 0.6% today.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is down 0.6% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Humana Inc (HUM): HUM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is down 0.4% today.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.