Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.6% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 was up 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is up 7.5% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 5.1% today and up 21.4% in the last month.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 4.1% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Affiliated Managers Group (AMG): AMG stock is up 2.7% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is up 2.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is up 2.4% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is up 2.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 3.3% today and up 20.8% in the last month.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 0.9% today.
- Administradora De Fondos De Pensiones (PVD): PVD stock is down 0.6% today.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is down 0.6% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Humana Inc (HUM): HUM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is down 0.4% today.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.