Financial stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.8%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 increased 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Umpqua Holdings Corp (UMPQ): UMPQ stock is up 3.4% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is up 3.3% today.
- Willis Group Holdings (WSH): WSH stock is up 3.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sterling Financial Corp (STSA): STSA stock is up 3.3% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is up 3.3% today.
- Stifel Financial Corp (SF): SF stock is up 3.1% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 3.1% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 3.0% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is up 3.0% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 3.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 1.1% today.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is down 0.5% today.
- American Express Company (AXP): AXP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Templeton Global (GIM): GIM stock is down 0.1% today.
- Sei Investments Company (SEIC): SEIC stock is down 0.1% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Managed Global Diversified Equit (EXG): EXG stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.