Healthcare stocks finished down broadly 0.2% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.6% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 6.2% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 4.4% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 3.7% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Hospira Inc (HSP): HSP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is up 2.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL): AUXL stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR): AEGR stock is down 3.0% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is down 2.6% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is down 2.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): GILD stock is down 1.9% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 1.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is down 1.7% today.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is down 1.6% today.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Prestige Brand Holdings (PBH): PBH stock is down 1.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.