Healthcare stocks advanced broadly 0.8% on Wall Street so far on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq was up 0.9% and the S&P 500 rose 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 8.7% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is up 5.3% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is up 4.3% to a new 52-week high of $51.59.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is up 3.6% to a new 52-week high of $84.56.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 3.0% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 2.6% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is up 2.7% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is down 9.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 3.9% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is down 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is down 1.3% today.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is down 1.3% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Acceleron Pharma Inc (XLRN): XLRN stock is down 1.0%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.