Technology stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.6% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Demandware Inc (DWRE): DWRE stock is up 3.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Netsuite Inc (N): N stock is up 2.6% today.
- Symantec Corp (SYMC): SYMC stock is up 2.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- 3D Systems Corp (DDD): DDD stock is up 2.5% today.
- Gt Advanced Technologies Inc (GTAT): GTAT stock is up 2.2% today.
- United Microelectronics Corp (UMC): UMC stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Celestica Inc (CLS): CLS stock is up 1.9% today.
- First Solar (FSLR): FSLR stock is up 1.8% today and up 32.3% in the last month.
- Wesco International (WCC): WCC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Sunedison Inc (SUNE): SUNE stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Cogent Communications Group (CCOI): CCOI stock is down 4.4% today.
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD): AMD stock is down 3.5% today.
- Interdigital (IDCC): IDCC stock is down 3.2% today.
- Acxiom Corp (ACXM): ACXM stock is down 2.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Unisys Corp (UIS): UIS stock is down 2.9%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Atmel Corp (ATML): ATML stock is down 2.8% today.
- Rackspace Hosting Inc (RAX): RAX stock is down 2.8% to a new 52-week low of $31.28.
- Veeco Instruments Inc (VECO): VECO stock is down 2.7% today.
- Solarwinds Inc (SWI): SWI stock is down 2.6% today.
- Himax Technologies (HIMX): HIMX stock is down 2.5%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.