Utilities stocks finished up 0.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 1.8% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 1.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 0.9% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 0.9% to a new 52-week high of $31.55.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 0.8% today.
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.1% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 0.9% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 0.6% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is down 0.4% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 0.2% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 0.2% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.