Utilities stocks rose broadly 1.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.8% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 was up 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 2.3% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 2.1%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is up 1.9% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 1.8% to a new 52-week high of $27.06.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is up 1.6% to a new 52-week high of $50.59.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is up 1.7% today.
Only one stock in the utilities sectors showed losses:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.