- The first games using Direct X12 will be released near the end of 2015.
- The new graphics APIs will be available for computers, smartphones and the Xbox One.
- Currently existing technology, including computers, smartphones and the Xbox One, will be able to use Direct X12 without needing hardware upgrades.
- The new APIs could cut the time a processor spends on a task in half.
- Microsoft didn’t say how much change the new APIs will bring to the Xbox One, but it did say that there won’t be any major changes to graphics or how the console handles running games in 1080p resolution.
To see what else Microsoft said about Direct X12, click here.