Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.0% and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is up 9.7% today.
- Affiliated Managers Group (AMG): AMG stock is up 4.0% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is up 3.7% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is up 2.8% today.
- Home Loan Servicing Solutions (HLSS): HLSS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is down 7.0% today.
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is down 4.1% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is down 3.5% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is down 2.4% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is down 1.0% today.
- First Financial Bankshares (FFIN): FFIN stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is down 0.7% today.
- NBT Bancorp Inc (NBTB): NBTB stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is down 0.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.