Healthcare stocks finished up broadly 1.4% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.8%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.7% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 10.2% today on 7 times normal volume.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is up 6.7% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is up 4.4% to a new 52-week high of $12.45.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals (CBST): CBST stock is up 4.4% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 4.3% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 4.2% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is up 4.1% today.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is up 4.1% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is up 4.0% today.
- Cooper Companies (COO): COO stock is up 3.9% today.
Only one stock in the healthcare sectors showed losses:
- Idexx Laboratories (IDXX): IDXX stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.