Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS): VIPS stock is up 7.6% today.
- Walter Investment Management Corp (WAC): WAC stock is up 4.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cumulus Media Inc (CMLS): CMLS stock is up 3.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mattress Firm Holding Corp (MFRM): MFRM stock is up 4.0% to a new 52-week high of $49.81.
- Etablissements Delhaize Freres (DEG): DEG stock is up 3.6% today.
- E-Commerce China Dangdang Inc (DANG): DANG stock is up 3.3% today.
- Big Lots (BIG): BIG stock is up 2.8% today and up 29.4% in the last month.
- Panera Bread Company (PNRA): PNRA stock is up 2.4% today.
- Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (MPEL): MPEL stock is up 2.8% today.
- MGM Resorts International (MGM): MGM stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Mack-Cali Realty Corp (CLI): CLI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Corrections Corporation of America (CXW): CXW stock is down 1.7% today.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Caseys General Stores (CASY): CASY stock is down 1.2% today.
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (KKD): KKD stock is down 1.2% today.
- Sprint Corporation Series 1 (S): S stock is down 1.2% today.
- China Unicom [Hong Kong] Ltd (CHU): CHU stock is down 1.1% today.
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is down 1.0% today and down 20.1% in the last month.
- Realogy Holdings Corp (RLGY): RLGY stock is down 1.0% today.
- Acadia Realty Trust (AKR): AKR stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.