Technology stocks advanced broadly 0.8% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq rose 1.0% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- 21Vianet Group Inc (VNET): VNET stock is up 10.7% today.
- Blackberry Limited (BBRY): BBRY stock is up 5.6% today.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is up 5.2% today.
- Veeco Instruments Inc (VECO): VECO stock is up 4.6% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is up 4.2% today.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTSH): CTSH stock is up 4.3% today.
- Bitauto Holdings Limited (BITA): BITA stock is up 3.6% today.
- Trina Solar Limited (TSL): TSL stock is up 3.7% today.
- Youku.Com Inc (YOKU): YOKU stock is up 3.6% today.
- Invensense Inc (INVN): INVN stock is up 3.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Red Hat Inc (RHT): RHT stock is down 4.1% today.
- Cae Inc (CAE): CAE stock is down 1.7% today.
- Ciena Corp (CIEN): CIEN stock is down 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cavium Inc (CAVM): CAVM stock is down 1.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alere Inc (ALR): ALR stock is down 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hubbell Inc A (HUB.A): HUB.A stock is down 0.7% today.
- Logitech International S.A. (LOGI): LOGI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Jds Uniphase Corp (JDSU): JDSU stock is down 0.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- General Cable Corp (BGC): BGC stock is down 0.6% to a new 52-week low of $25.64.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.