Utilities stocks rose broadly 0.5% on Wall Street on Monday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 3.1% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 2.9% today and up 30.3% in the last month.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.6% to a new 52-week high of $55.76.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 1.1% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.0% to a new 52-week high of $55.86.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 1.1% to a new 52-week high of $74.00.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 1.2% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 0.2% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 0.2% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.