Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.6% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 1.3% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 1.2% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is up 1.1% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.1% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is up 1.0% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.