5 Things to Know About the JC Penney Home Goods Relaunch
by William White | March 13, 2014 9:57 am
JC Penney (JCP) is working to bring customers back with a return to home goods.
JC Penney switched to carrying more expensive brands in its store under the guidance of former CEO Ron Johnson. The change wasn’t well received by customers and store visits and sales fell during the time that Johnson was CEO, reports Reuters.
Here are a few things to know about JC Penney’s home goods relaunch.
- The home goods relaunch will start on Thursday.
- Penney’s will return to carrying 60% soft goods and 40% small appliances.
- The company will return to carrying more traditional furniture.
- Areas to showcase Michael Graves and Martha Celebrations brands will be repurposed to show off blenders and juicers.
- More floor space will be given to in-house brands and less will be given to name brands.
Follow the link to learn more about JC Penney’s home goods relaunch.
JCP shares were up 1% as of Thursday morning.
More JC Penney News
- Is JCPenney This Year’s Best Buy?
- JCP Stock – JCPenney Announces 2,000 Layoffs, 33 Stores Closing
- JCP Stock Surges on Citigroup Upgrade
- JCP: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=JCP
- bring customers back: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/13/us-jcpenney-homerelaunch-analysis-idUSBREA2C09020140313
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/jcpenney185.jpg
- the link: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/13/us-jcpenney-homerelaunch-analysis-idUSBREA2C09020140313
- Is JCPenney This Year’s Best Buy?: http://investorplace.com/2014/03/jcp-stock-jcpenney-stock/
- JCP Stock – JCPenney Announces 2,000 Layoffs, 33 Stores Closing: http://investorplace.com/2014/01/jcp-stock-jcpenney-layoffs-stores-closing/
- JCP Stock Surges on Citigroup Upgrade: http://investorplace.com/2014/03/jcp-stock-surges-citigroup-upgrade/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2014/03/jcp-stock-jc-penney-home-goods/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1gt6igM
Copyright ©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.