On Monday, New York City police confirmed the death of L’Wren Scott, a noted fashion designer.
According to authorities, L’Wren Scott was discovered “unconscious and unresponsive” hanging from a scarf in her Manhattan apartment and was declared dead at the scene. Police said that there was no immediate evidence of foul play and that L’Wren Scott’s death was being investigated as a suicide, Reuters notes.
In addition to designing clothing for prominent celebrities, L’Wren Scott was also famed as the girlfriend of Rolling Stones lead signer Mick Jagger.
Here are 6 things to know about L’Wren Scott:
- She launched her career as a model in Paris.
- She created clothes for Hollywood luminaries including, Nicole Kidman, Amy Adams and Penelope Cruz.
- Last month, L’Wren Scott canceled a showing of her designs at London Fashion Week.
- L’Wren Scott had been Mick Jagger’s girlfriend since 2001.
- L’Wren Scott was 6-feet, 3-inch tall, much taller than Mick Jagger.
- An adopted child, she grew up in Utah; her birth name was Luann Bambrough.