Samsung Worker Killed in Carbon Dioxide Leak

A malfunction in the fire extinguishing system caused the leak

   

Samsung Worker Killed in Carbon Dioxide Leak

A Samsung worker died due to a carbon dioxide leak in one of the company’s facilities in southern Seoul.

Samsung185 Samsung Worker Killed in Carbon Dioxide LeakThe 52-year-old worker fell victim to the gas leak which was caused by a malfunction of the fire extinguishing system. Police and fire authorities said that the Samsung building emitted carbon dioxide after wrongly detecting fire.

The worker was in cardiac arrest when health officials arrived and he died soon after. His cause of death has yet to be determined. Authorities said that they will try to figure out what exactly caused the leak.

Samsung has expressed its deepest condolences to the man’s family. The company will investigate the matter to avoid any future tragedies.


Article printed from InvestorPlace Media, http://investorplace.com/2014/03/samsung-carbon-monoxide/.

©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC

Comments are currently unavailable. Please check back soon.