Whispersync: 5 Things to Know About the New Amazon Kindle App
by Karl Utermohlen | March 6, 2014 2:38 pm
Amazon (AMZN) has released a new Kindle app called Whispersync for Voice that adds another dimension to the reading experience.
The app is a revolutionary way of reading that offers both the e-book and the audiobook versions of your favorite book. Here are five things to know about Whispersync for Voice.
- What does it offer? The Kindle app syncs up the audiobook version of the book with the e-book. This allows you to switch between reading and listening your favorite novel without any interruptions.
- Can I read and listen at the same time? Yes, Whispersync for Voice offers an option that allows you to read and listen to a book at the same time. Additionally, the app does real-time highlighting which adds an extra connection between the reader and the book.
- Does this really improve the reading experience? Amazon claims that reading and listening to the highlighted text “boosts engagement, comprehension and retention, taking you deeper into the book.”
- How many books are available for Whispersync for Voice? There are currently over 30,000 titles available for the Kindle app including plenty of classics, New York Times best sellers, business books and more.
- How much does it cost? Amazon has several Whispersync offers but most e-books cost an additional $3.99 to $12.99 for the professional narration offered by the app.
AMZN stock is down about 0.1% Thursday.
- AMZN: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AMZN
- app: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000827761
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2014/03/whispersync-amazon-kindle-app/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1f2zRJM
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.