Basic materials stocks advanced 0.4% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 3.4% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 3.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 2.4% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 2.4% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 2.2% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 1.6% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is down 4.7% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 3.8% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 3.3% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 3.2% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 2.4% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 2.2% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.0% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 1.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 1.5% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.