Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Wednesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is up 3.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is up 2.1%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 1.7% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 1.0% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 0.9% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 0.8% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 0.8%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 3.1% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 2.7% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 1.8% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is down 1.4% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is down 1.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.