Basic materials stocks advanced 0.7% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.7% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 2.5% today.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 2.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 1.9% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 1.7% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 4.0% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 3.6% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.8% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 2.5% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 2.2% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 1.8% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 0.9% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 0.9% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.