Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street on Thursday morning, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq was down 0.4% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 18.2% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 9.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is up 3.8% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 2.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 1.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 2.0% today.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is down 2.4% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 2.1% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.8% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.4% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 1.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 1.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.