Consumer cyclical stocks fell broadly 1.2% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.5%, the Nasdaq fell 0.7% and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Hanesbrands Inc (HBI): HBI stock is up 6.8% to a new 52-week high of $80.56.
- Deckers Outdoor Corp (DECK): DECK stock is up 6.1% today.
- V.F. Corp (VFC): VFC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Lear Corp (LEA): LEA stock is up 1.2%, marking the ninth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hyster-Yale Materials Handling (HY): HY stock is up 1.0% today.
- Navistar International Corp (NAV): NAV stock is up 0.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corp (PVH): PVH stock is up 0.7% today.
- Koninklijke Philips Electronics (PHG): PHG stock is up 0.5% today.
- Wabco Holdings Inc (WBC): WBC stock is up 0.4% today.
- Steven Madden (SHOO): SHOO stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Dana Holding Corp (DAN): DAN stock is down 6.4% today.
- Leggett & Platt Inc (LEG): LEG stock is down 4.2% today.
- Ford Motor Company (F): F stock is down 2.9% today.
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX): TPX stock is down 2.5% today.
- Mohawk Industries (MHK): MHK stock is down 2.3% today.
- Trw Automotive Holdings Corp (TRW): TRW stock is down 2.1% today.
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Select Comfort Corp (SCSS): SCSS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Irobot Corp (IRBT): IRBT stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Whirlpool Corp (WHR): WHR stock is down 1.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.