Consumer cyclical stocks finished up 1.4% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.0%, the Nasdaq rose 1.3% and the S&P 500 increased 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Sturm Ruger & Company (RGR): RGR stock is up 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tesla Motors (TSLA): TSLA stock is up 2.7% today.
- Under Armour (UA): UA stock is up 2.5% today.
- Harman International Industries Inc (HAR): HAR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Oxford Industries (OXM): OXM stock is up 2.0% today.
- Bally Technologies (BYI): BYI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Whirlpool Corp (WHR): WHR stock is up 2.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tata Motors Ltd (TTM): TTM stock is up 2.0% today.
- Skechers U.S.A. (SKX): SKX stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Snap-On Inc (SNA): SNA stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Only one stock in the consumer cyclical sectors showed losses:
- W.W. Grainger (GWW): GWW stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.