Consumer cyclical stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Gentherm Inc (THRM): THRM stock is up 2.5% today.
- Steven Madden (SHOO): SHOO stock is up 1.8% today.
- Jarden Corp (JAH): JAH stock is up 1.8% today.
- Harley-Davidson Inc (HOG): HOG stock is up 1.3% to a new 52-week high of $73.41.
- Visteon Corp (VC): VC stock is up 1.2% today.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corp (PVH): PVH stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ford Motor Company (F): F stock is up 0.9% today.
- Under Armour (UA): UA stock is up 0.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Allison Transmission Holdings (ALSN): ALSN stock is up 0.9% today.
- Bally Technologies (BYI): BYI stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Hon Industries Inc (HNI): HNI stock is down 1.2% today.
- La-Z-Boy Inc (LZB): LZB stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Select Comfort Corp (SCSS): SCSS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Hyster-Yale Materials Handling (HY): HY stock is down 0.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Genuine Parts Company (GPC): GPC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Tenneco Automotive (TEN): TEN stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Herman Miller (MLHR): MLHR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Magna International (MGA): MGA stock is down 0.4% today.
- Borgwarner Inc (BWA): BWA stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Williams-Sonoma (WSM): WSM stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.