Consumer cyclical stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.8%, the Nasdaq declined 1.6% and the S&P 500 fell 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Whirlpool Corp (WHR): WHR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Skechers U.S.A. (SKX): SKX stock is up 0.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Under Armour (UA): UA stock is down 4.0% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Borgwarner Inc (BWA): BWA stock is down 3.3% today.
- La-Z-Boy Inc (LZB): LZB stock is down 3.2% today.
- Gentex Corp (GNTX): GNTX stock is down 3.0% today.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (CTB): CTB stock is down 2.9% today.
- Vera Bradley (VRA): VRA stock is down 2.8% today.
- Johnson Controls (JCI): JCI stock is down 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL): AXL stock is down 2.7% today.
- Harman International Industries Inc (HAR): HAR stock is down 2.7% today.
- LKQ Corp (LKQ): LKQ stock is down 2.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.