Consumer cyclical stocks rose broadly 0.6% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Quiksilver (ZQK): ZQK stock is up 3.0% today.
- Harman International Industries Inc (HAR): HAR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Whirlpool Corp (WHR): WHR stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Helen of Troy Limited (HELE): HELE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Jarden Corp (JAH): JAH stock is up 1.9% today.
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX): TPX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Mohawk Industries (MHK): MHK stock is up 1.5% today.
- Polaris Industries Inc (PII): PII stock is up 1.5% today.
- Gentherm Inc (THRM): THRM stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Under Armour (UA): UA stock is down 48.2% to a new 52-week low of $52.89.
- Tata Motors Ltd (TTM): TTM stock is down 2.9% today.
- Toyota Motor Corp Ltd Ord (TM): TM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Tesla Motors (TSLA): TSLA stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dana Holding Corp (DAN): DAN stock is down 0.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.