Consumer noncyclical stocks fell broadly 0.1% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 1.6% today.
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. De C.V. (FMX): FMX stock is up 0.6% today.
- The Andersons (ANDE): ANDE stock is up 0.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Universal Corp (UVV): UVV stock is up 0.6% today.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is up 0.4% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is up 0.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Diamond Foods (DMND): DMND stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is down 2.0% today.
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is down 0.7% today.
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is down 0.7% today.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is down 0.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.