Consumer noncyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Herbalife Ltd (HLF): HLF stock is up 6.6% today.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 2.2% today.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is up 1.9% to a new 52-week high of $115.48.
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is up 1.7% today.
- Anheuser-Busch Inbev Sa (BUD): BUD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is up 1.5% today.
- Monster Beverage Corp (MNST): MNST stock is up 1.3% today.
- Adecoagro S.A. (AGRO): AGRO stock is up 1.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is down 1.0% today.
- Brf-Brasil Foods S.A. (BRFS): BRFS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is down 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kellogg Company (K): K stock is down 0.3% today.
- Coca Cola Femsa S.A.B. De C.V. (KOF): KOF stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.