Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.1%, the Nasdaq was down 0.9% and the S&P 500 declined 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- J & J Snack Foods (JJSF): JJSF stock is up 1.5% today.
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is up 0.9% today.
- Unilever Plc (UL): UL stock is up 0.6% today.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is up 0.6% today.
- Church & Dwight Company (CHD): CHD stock is up 0.6% today.
- Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. De C.V. (FMX): FMX stock is up 0.6% today.
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is up 0.4% today.
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is up 0.5% today.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is up 0.4% today.
- Boston Beer Company (SAM): SAM stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP): TAP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Inter Parfums (IPAR): IPAR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Anheuser-Busch Inbev Sa (BUD): BUD stock is down 0.9% today.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.