Consumer noncyclical stocks advanced broadly 0.1% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq pushed 0.7% higher and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Boston Beer Company (SAM): SAM stock is up 1.6% today.
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is up 1.4% today.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is up 1.1% today.
- Adecoagro S.A. (AGRO): AGRO stock is up 1.1% to a new 52-week high of $9.05.
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is up 1.0% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is up 0.8% today.
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is up 0.8%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL): CL stock is up 0.8% today.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is down 2.7% today.
- Unilever Nv (UN): UN stock is down 2.4% today.
- Unilever Plc (UL): UL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Hershey Foods Corp (HSY): HSY stock is down 1.6% today.
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Brf-Brasil Foods S.A. (BRFS): BRFS stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is down 1.1% today.
- Boulder Brands Inc (BDBD): BDBD stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is down 0.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.