Energy stocks fell on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, down 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is up 6.0%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 3.7% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 1.3% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is up 0.7% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is up 0.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Arch Coal (ACI): ACI stock is down 4.6% today.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is down 3.0% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is down 2.8% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 2.1% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 2.6% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is down 2.2% today.
- Bill Barrett Corp (BBG): BBG stock is down 2.3% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 1.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.