Energy stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 4.1% to a new 52-week high of $28.88.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is up 3.8% today.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is up 3.0% today.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is up 2.8% today.
- Atlas Resource Partners L.P. C (ARP): ARP stock is up 2.6% today.
- Energy Xxi [Bermuda] Limited (EXXI): EXXI stock is up 2.7% today.
- Sandridge Energy Inc (SD): SD stock is up 2.4% today.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is up 2.4% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 2.3% to a new 52-week high of $92.06.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 1.1% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is down 0.9% today.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is down 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.