Energy stocks fell 0.4% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is up 4.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is up 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Rex Energy Corp (REXX): REXX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Hess Corp (HES): HES stock is up 1.7% to a new 52-week high of $89.50.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Atlas Resource Partners L.P. C (ARP): ARP stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is down 4.7% today.
- Cloud Peak Energy Inc (CLD): CLD stock is down 4.6% today.
- Bill Barrett Corp (BBG): BBG stock is down 3.5% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 3.2% today.
- Penn Virginia Corp (PVA): PVA stock is down 2.5% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is down 1.7% today.
- Legacy Reserves LP (LGCY): LGCY stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Key Energy Services (KEG): KEG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Goodrich Petroleum Corp (GDP): GDP stock is down 2.7% today and down 53.5% in the last month.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.