Financial stocks fell on Wall Street on Thursday morning, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.7% higher and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- First American Corp (FAF): FAF stock is up 6.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 5.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cash America International (CSH): CSH stock is up 3.3% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 3.8% today.
- Symetra Financial Corp (SYA): SYA stock is up 3.1% to a new 52-week high of $20.96.
- T. Rowe Price Group (TROW): TROW stock is up 2.8% today.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is up 2.8% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Allied World Assurance Company (AWH): AWH stock is up 1.7% today.
- Wellpoint Health Networks Inc (WLP): WLP stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is down 10.3% today.
- Stancorp Financial Group (SFG): SFG stock is down 6.6% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is down 3.1% today.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is down 2.2% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is down 2.3% today.
- Lpl Investment Holdings Inc (LPLA): LPLA stock is down 2.4% today.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Susquehanna Bancshares (SUSQ): SUSQ stock is down 2.0% today.
- Iberiabank Corp (IBKC): IBKC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Valley National Bancorp (VLY): VLY stock is down 1.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.