Financial stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is up 6.7% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 2.0% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 3.3% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is up 2.5% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 2.6% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 2.3% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is down 2.9% today.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is down 2.7% today.
- Washington Federal (WAFD): WAFD stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cash America International (CSH): CSH stock is down 1.5% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is down 1.3% today.
- First Republic Bank (FRC): FRC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Viewpoint Financial Group (VPFG): VPFG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Union First Market Bankshares Corp (UBSH): UBSH stock is down 0.9% today.
- Citigroup Inc (C): C stock is down 0.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.