Financial stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 1.0% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is up 2.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is up 2.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Pro-Assurance Corp (PRA): PRA stock is up 2.2% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 1.8% today and up 20.8% in the last month.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is up 1.8% today.
- American International Group (AIG): AIG stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- W.R. Berkley Corp (WRB): WRB stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Chubb Corp (CB): CB stock is up 1.4% today.
- Loews Corp (L): L stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 4.0% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 2.8% today.
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is down 2.8% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is down 2.6% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 2.3% today.
- National Penn Bancshares (NPBC): NPBC stock is down 2.2% today.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is down 2.2% today.
- Bancorpsouth Inc (BXS): BXS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Zions Bancorporation (ZION): ZION stock is down 2.1% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is down 2.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.