Financial stocks remained flat on Tuesday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 6.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is up 4.0% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 3.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Synovus Financial Corp (SNV): SNV stock is up 2.8% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is up 2.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 2.7% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 0.8% today and up 20.1% in the last month.
- Main Street Capital Corp (MAIN): MAIN stock is up 1.6% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Firstmerit Corp (FMER): FMER stock is down 4.1% today.
- Umpqua Holdings Corp (UMPQ): UMPQ stock is down 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Zions Bancorporation (ZION): ZION stock is down 3.1% today.
- Brown & Brown (BRO): BRO stock is down 2.0% today.
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is down 2.9% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is down 2.3% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 2.2% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is down 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 1.6% today.
- Prologis Inc (PLD): PLD stock is down 1.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.