Financial stocks finished down broadly 2.3% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 2.1%, the Nasdaq sank 3.1% and the S&P 500 fell 2.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Administradora De Fondos De Pensiones (PVD): PVD stock is up 0.9% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is up 0.7% today and up 20.8% in the last month.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Templeton Global (GIM): GIM stock is up 0.4% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is up 0.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (ASPS): ASPS stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is down 5.6% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is down 5.0% today.
- Pinnacle Financial Partners (PNFP): PNFP stock is down 4.7%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is down 4.6% today.
- Huntington Bancshares Inc (HBAN): HBAN stock is down 4.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 4.2% today.
- UMB Financial Corp (UMBF): UMBF stock is down 4.1% today.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is down 4.1% today.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is down 4.0% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is down 3.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.