Healthcare stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is up 14.8% to a new 52-week high of $163.01.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is up 10.3% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 7.9% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is up 6.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is up 5.9% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is up 5.1% today.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is up 4.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK): GSK stock is up 4.5% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 4.0%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 3.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Acceleron Pharma Inc (XLRN): XLRN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Dentsply International Inc (XRAY): XRAY stock is down 0.8% today.
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is down 0.8% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Stryker Corp (SYK): SYK stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.