Healthcare stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Furiex Pharmaceuticals (FURX): FURX stock is up 27.9% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is up 15.5% to a new 52-week high of $79.33.
- Techne Corp (TECH): TECH stock is up 4.0% today.
- Pfizer Inc (PFE): PFE stock is up 3.1% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 2.5% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): GILD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is up 1.6% today.
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT): SRPT stock is up 1.2% today and up 56.5% in the last month.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is down 7.0% to a new 52-week low of $30.92.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is down 4.1% today.
- Parexel International Corp (PRXL): PRXL stock is down 2.9% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is down 2.5% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is down 3.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is down 2.4% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is down 2.5% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 2.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR): AEGR stock is down 1.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.