Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Novadaq Technologies (NVDQ): NVDQ stock is up 5.6% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is up 5.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL): AUXL stock is up 4.9% today.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals (CBST): CBST stock is up 4.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 4.7% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 4.3% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 3.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is up 3.7% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is up 3.7% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 3.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is down 1.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Icon Plc (ICLR): ICLR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Emeritus Corp (ESC): ESC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Sirona Dental Systems (SIRO): SIRO stock is down 0.6% today.
- Mckesson Corp (MCK): MCK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Express Scripts (ESRX): ESRX stock is down 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is down 0.5% today.
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is down 0.4% today.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.