Healthcare stocks declined on Wall Street on Friday, down 1.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.2%, the Nasdaq declined 2.7% and the S&P 500 was down 1.2%.
Only one stock in the healthcare sectors showed gains:
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is down 9.7% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is down 6.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is down 6.0% today.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is down 6.0% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 5.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is down 5.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is down 5.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Parexel International Corp (PRXL): PRXL stock is down 4.8% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 4.7% today.
- Covance Inc (CVD): CVD stock is down 4.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.